Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Spring Butterflies

HELLO AGAIN! Spring is here, which means butterflies. Not the pretty things that flutter around the flowers, but the nerves that fill my stomach this time of year. In Japan, Spring is the new beginning of so many things. Most importantly for this household is the new school year. I am feeling the usual semester-start jitters of excitement and apprehension about standing before 10 new classes of university students. I will be doing the usual song, dance and "Don't be shy" pep talk, but I still manage to get nervous however many I times I do it. This week, Lucy also started at a new school, the neighborhood Day Care Center. For the entrance ceremony, she seemed confident and excited. But after her first full day on Monday, she breaks into tears a handful of times a day there, and then every time we talk about it at home. I know she will be over it and loving it before long, but I feel so bad leaving her at the school entrance as she says, "Don't leave me Mommy!"

With all the jitters, there is also a sense of renewed determination. Thus, the belated return to blogging. Haven't figured out how to download photos on our new computer, but have a load of photos of our holiday in Hawaii and Lucy's new school for you loyal readers to look forward to in the next couple weeks. How is everyone out there doing?

1 comment:

MOM said...

Dear Michelle,
So glad that you are back on line. I do love hearing your thoughts, and most especially appreciate your writing talent. You are so expressive and poetic. I think a novel or at least Memoires" should be in the future. I will be writing responses to each of your enteries so please check.
I have been praying and thinking alot about Lucy and school. I know how bad I felt when she sobbed when you went shopping the night you were here, so I can't imagine how it must be to be confronted with it each day. Keep us posted on her progress. Love Ya, MOM