Sunday, April 13, 2008

GRANDMA'S GIFT


It is so much fun to see Lucy with my mother! I wish I could make Lucy enjoy tedious tasks as much as she does! When Grandma says,
"Let's change the bed sheets, water the garden or go pick 120 plumeria blossoms and string a lei," she always gets Lucy's full attention and excitement. Magic! I know the pleasure was reciprocal for all, as Lucy loved being spoiled, Grandma loved the doting, and I loved watching them as I escaped into a book and soaked up sun. Super sweet is to see Lucy giving her Grandma serious, almost professional, massages in her pretend massage parlor. (Lucy actually made a bit of cash collecting coins from Grandma each time!)

Time at home is never long enough to finish all the mother-daughter, "women's wisdom" talks I cherish. Mom, I look forward to your comments here, and your stories of the journey you have waiting for you back in Montana!

1 comment:

MOM said...

Dear Michelle,
Well this one really made me cry.Lucy is such a special child and it is really hard not to be able to be around her more than I am. I really do love the time we spend together and hope that as she grows we will be able to find a way that we are together more...spending summers with gram sounds wonderful...just as long as she doesn't get too homesick !!
I know that all grammas must feel this way too, but I really do love Lucy so much. Thanks for sharing her with us.