Sunday, April 20, 2008

Beautiful Babies!


"Everyone is having a second baby," my daughter said today. Followed by, as you can guess, "I want a baby too." But when I asked her why, she was quiet for a minute or two then said, "No, actually, I don't need a baby." Phew! When we were on holiday, we borrowed some books from the local library, and if she had gotten her way, we would have brought home 8 books about babies and how babies are born (some with overly detailed explanations!). I only let her take home 2, but we read them over and over again, with brief speed reading on the How-2 parts. Today, she said she doesn't mind just playing with friends babies and getting Mom and Dad's 100 percent attention otherwise. My thoughts exactly! One seems to be just enough for us. We will do our best to raise a half-balanced little girl, and then I will do my part in helping raise other kids through my teaching.

No comments: