Sunday, April 13, 2008

Chim Chimney Jim!


Funny what grandkids can bring out in their grandparents! This photo shows a classic Grandpa Jim evening. We got burgers and cokes from the drive-thru and drove out to a small beach to picnic, stroll on the beach and watch the surfers ride out the sunset. Reminds me of grilled cheese dinners from Lu's at Washoe park, or cheddar cheese and salami on the trail somewhere as a kid. The best scene, however, had to be when I left Lucy with Grandma and Grandpa for a couple hours while I did some shopping, and came home to see them all on the sofa watching Mary Poppins. Grandpa, who we can never usually get to watch a video with us, was singing along to the tap dancing chimney sweeps! We are forever grateful for Dad's generosity during the week that my brother and his family joined us and we were spoiled with a beach front condo! You should go back just to read Zeke and Cindy's poetry in the guest book!

1 comment:

MOM said...

Dear Michelle,
No one was more surprised than me to see Grandpa watching and singing along with Mary Poppins. He will have to leave his own comments, but I have to admit it was one of the highlights of our vacation that I enjoyed most. Wish that life could always be that simple. It was dad's idea to get the condo and I think it was right on top of one of his better ones...Ha Ha. Another one is that we are actually going to have a rent a car for the last week, as we hope we have a new home for "Nani" the beautiful 33 year old car !!! LOve Ya, MOM