Thursday, May 22, 2008

WHAT IF?

















WHAT IF...
I gave you $100 to eat a cockroach?
our imaginings were realized with the snap of our fingers?
You could read people's minds?
men were expected to wear stockings and heels?
scientists proved there was a God?
you were 5 cm tall?
had to eat the same food 3 times every day?
you knew your future?
men made all the rules all the time?
H E L L

What if...
the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?
I am a genie who can grant you 3 wishes?
you could memorize one book?
you could switch bodies or minds with a person of your choice?
you could be born again in another country?
you could own one company?
you could fly?
children made all the rules?
H E A V E N.

2 comments:

MOM said...

Dear Michelle,
Sorry I have not responded for a while, but life sure has been busy since our return
I truly enjoy all of your entries and think you make me think as hard as the philosophy teacher we have in the diaconate program!!! I wish everyone had the opportunity to hear him speak as he is so powerful and "deep"
Your lists are thought provoking...and for some I didn't get it as I have not read what you are refering to...sounds like I should.
Congrats to Lucy on learning to ride her bike. It's a great accomplishment...and a sign that she is really maturing !!
Thanks for the darling purse. It is ME and I will use it alot.
Funny how you are doing many of the things I wanted to do like pottery. Keep it up...a great source for gifts for any occasion ha ha.
All is well, but I sure miss you alot. Take Care, MOM

mgmyway said...

Thanks to Mr. Iwaoka, I have been exposed to a lot of different writers, thinkers and artists. But, I am still far from well-read. I had to research some of the names in Kessler's poem before we discussed it too! Today, with the internet search and encyclopedia sites, its so easy to read up on everything!