Sunday, May 4, 2008

DESIGNATED HANDLE KEEPER



Today after shooting up the laser targets, we toured the Suntory Beer Factory. My husband can drink much faster than I can, so we decided that it was the better bargain if he drink the free samples and I be the driver. Japan has been working really hard to curb drinking and driving the past couple years after a few highly publicized tragic DUI accidents. So, I had to put on a tag that excluded me from alcoholic drinks in the tasting hall. But, in stereotypical Japanese-English, the name they have created for what we call designated drivers is "Handle Keeper." Hmmm. This could be mistook as the guy, like my husband in the tasting room today, who never lets the beer mug out of his hand. In Japan, the steering wheel is referred to as "the handle." I just hope this labeling is not some official DUI prevention campaign slogan.

Wanted to show off my new t-shirt that I painted last night too in this photo. What ya think? Complete with my favorite quote from Kierkegaard.

No comments: