Thursday, November 1, 2007

The ground I tread



I am where I've been. The places I've been tell a lot about who I am. I am 37 now. What is the first place you think of, for example, when you were 13? Let me give it a try:


1 - Fairbanks, Alaska... where I was born
2 - A pink house on Pine Street...I remember just from photos
(from age 1-6, I have no memories...my first memory is the day my younger brother was born, when I was 6!)
6 - Anaconda, Montana...my young stomping grounds
7 - The Benny Goodman "Green Grass" Park
8 - Georgetown Lake
9 - Yellowstone Park
10- City League Softball field
11- Mr. Everhard's sixth grade class
12 - Mr. Gallagher's English class
13- My junior high school locker, between J and D
14 - Legendary Lodge
15 - My Grandfather's House
16 -Anaconda High stadium and gym
17 - East Coast ... family trips to Boston and D.C.
18 - Rockford Illinois...where I spent the summer with G&G
19 - Carroll College campus
20 - Copenhagen, Denmark...and Eurorail trains
21 - Dance floors in Helena
22 - Uto City Elementary Schools
23 - Beijing and Quillin China
24 - Classrooms in Anaconda where I substituted
25 - Kumamoto Prefecture's International Affairs Office
26 - Handball court...practicing with our Yoka International Team
27 - My KIA car, driving from Montana to New Mexico and back
28 - Arvin, California and Australia
29 - English Conversation school
30 - Tettori Church...on my wedding day
31 - Private English classrooms
32 - At home with my newborn daughter
33 - University classroom
34 - Ito's Yatai Restaurant
35 - Antique stores and Flea Markets
36 - Chicago at Christmas
37 - My daughter's school events

Where will my shoes lead me next? Cheers to the possiblities!

No comments: