Friday, November 23, 2007

Try a song!


I wanted to introduce one of my favorite songs by Lisa Loeb, Try from her album "The way it really is," but couldn't find it on Youtube to direct you, but did find a song of the same title from another of my favorite singing chicks, Nellie Fertado, which you can watch at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqcdTrCrguo

Still, I prefer Lisa Loeb's version, with my favorite line:

You'd find that the mountains aren't so high (....if you just take a better look...)

Ok, just flashed back to a fun story. Before I had a child and could make spontaneous plans at the twitch of my whim, I turned up the radio to hear a newly released song of Lisa's, disappointed when the d.j. cut it a bit short, but shocked when she said, "I am jealous of all of you who get to go and watch her tonight at the Z-side concert hall tonight in Fukuoka." Less that two hours later, after canceling a lesson by telling my student the wild truth of where I was going instead of her class, Eiji and I were on a highway bus to Fukuoka with our fingers crossed that the d.j. was right: that they did have a handful of tickets left. They did..she is so adorable and cool.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Dear Michelle,
I guess I remember you telling me this story. If I was to pick a singer right now who I like I guess it would be Josh Groban...and maybe not for the lyrics, but for the mellowness of his voice I guess. I don't listen much to the radio, so I am always surprised on TV when they introduce a really popular singer who I have never heard of?
Funny about music, but the guy downstairs is an electric guitar player. He plays mostly old rock like the Ventures, but he is really good. He sometimes plays in a band on the weekends I guess, but I just hear him practicing with a few buddies when they come over.
On the flip side the guy behind me plays the flute. He actually owns a music store...or so my new best friend the Terminex man told me. He actually also makes flutes, so I think I mainly hear him trying them out for sound.
And then there is Dad. The car we bought has a super sound system in it and whenever I get into the car the volume is so loud as he has found a golden oldie radio station. He plays it back and forth to work. Only bad thing now I guess is that they are playing only Christmas music !!!
Well thanks for the call last night. I hope you are having a good holiday too. Miss ya, MOM