Monday, November 12, 2007

What color is your bathroom?


Color coordinating. My brother and his family are building a new house, so I want to buy them something for Christmas to decorate their new home. When I told my husband that I need to call and find out what colors their rooms are, he was confused. Maybe its the fact that our house right now is a crazy mix of colors, patterns and clutter. Or, maybe Japanese don't decorate their homes with this color coding system. I will ask around. I remember going off to college and having to have all mauve bed sheets, covers, towels and toothbrush holders! I do like a bit more variety now.

Or when I was having a baby, my mother was so anxious to know how I was decorating my baby room. Baby room? Well, that ended up being a corner of our bedroom, done neutrally with teddy bear bedding and a few cute postcards on the wall.

Found these cute glass dishes at the flea market yesterday. Weird how the season attracted me to the golden orange.

1 comment:

MOM said...

Dear Michelle,
I had to laugh about the colors in a house. Everything here is white....floors. ceilings,counter tops, etc.I actually like it though as it makes things seem clean and cool. I believe everything in Zeke's house is basic beige.I believe they are to move in this weekend. Zeke was in Montana and helped Juanita move down there. She will be in a hotel until they are in. I am thinking about painting our inside of the house when we return. Who knows what color?
Went to the beach yesterday, and also drove way North to the top of Hawaii. It is a different world there. No palm trees, very dry and lots cooler as it is higher.The largest cattle ranch in the US is there. The Parker Ranch. People actually wear jeans there, while here it's mostly bikini tops and shorts. Don't worry your mom is not in a bikini top! Well take Care, MOM