Thursday, November 15, 2007

Foaming wine


A book I must reread:
Either/ Or
by Kierkegaard.

His writings were my bible during the 4 short months I spent studying in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Whenever I ponder the future, I always think of foaming wine full of endless possibilities.
Or, as my translated version of his work reads:

" My soul has lost its potentiality. If I were to wish for anything, I should not wish for power and wealth, but for the passionate sense of the potential, for the eye which, ever so ardent, sees the possible. Pleasure disappoints, possibility never. And what wine is so foaming, what so fragrant, what so intoxicating as Possibility. "

1 comment:

MOM said...

Dear Michelle,
Those look like antique dolls, but I'm not sure from where? I hear you saying that we have to have HOPE, that we have to always believe that their is a future((possibilities) I guess at my age this seems even more true than before. I guess to have HOPE you also have to have DREAMS of the possibilities. I can honestly say that many of my dreams have come true, but I wouldn't know that if I didn't first have the dream to see if it would come true. So my HOPE for you today is that you keep on Dreaming, imagining the future that you never thought possible and I promise you they will come true. Love you, MOM