Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Walkin' Talk

A couple of my friends have taken up walking as exercise and diet...and every time I see them they really look thinner. I am so jealous! I had high hopes of exercising and dieting during my month home in Montana so I could get off the plane in Japan and show off my new waistline to my husband. I arrived back with a new waistline, but not one to show off. Instead, I dyed my hair "Intense Auburn" and let the beautician cut it super short so I could at least give everyone a little surprise. Anyway, I started today walking for an hour before going off to work. I have promised myself an ipod to put some bounce in my step if I can keep it up until Christmas. I really miss my walking partner, Kim, who kept me in shape during my pregnancy...but maybe I can talk my friends into letting me join them on their walk once in a while. My husband, in his current job, walks an average of 12,000 steps just at work and can eat and drink anything he wants now and not gain an ounce of weight. Jealous again!

No comments: