Monday, December 24, 2007

Winter Break is here!


I had my last classes on the 21st, and have holiday until the 8th of January! Just knowing that I don't have to be up and out of the house by 7:45 (with Lucy in tow) lifts my spirits sooOOO much! Eiji is not so lucky. Instead of Christmas cards, everyone here sends New Years Postcards which have to be pre-sorted(starting this week) and ready to deliver brights and early (about 4 or 5:00am) New Years Day. So, Mr. Mailman Eiji starts a 10-day long marathon of going in early and working late, with no holiday until January 3rd. Lucy is also off from school, so I have entertainment duty for the next two weeks! We have a few plans, including lots of dinners or visits with family and friends. We had a pre-Christmas party yesterday at a friends home, and had Eiji`s whole family at our home this evening for steak and my version of Shephard's Pie. Tomorrow, Lucy's preschool will have their Christmas concert and short English plays (she is the brick-house pig in The Three Little Pigs!). We will have a party with some of the parents and kids following that. Christmas day may be quiet, then we have another Christmas Potluck party with students on the 26th. Then, our vacation will begin. Lucy is getting a new bicycle for Christmas, so maybe we will try to master the no-training wheels riding over the holidays. Japanese usually do their annual big house cleaning the last few days of the year, so I might try to convince Lucy we should play "cleaning ladies" instead of the usual "play house" or "play school." Merry Christmas to anyone who happens to read this on the 25th!

1 comment:

MOM said...

Dear Michelle,
I anxiously look forward to your blog page. I'm not sure what the picture is this time...could be Christmas lights ???
Glad you are busy but also hope you get some down time over the holidays. Dad is like Eiji in that he is also working most days for the next 2 weeks. Christmas is the golf courses busiest time here. Sometimes spring break can be even bigger which is in March this year.
Which reminds me. Would you like me to make the van reservations? I think we should do it soon, as they say it is unreal as far as how many people come here. I have no problem doing it from here. I can call out to the airport where the rentals are located. I'll also call Zeke & Cindy to see if they already rented one. Sorry to bug you about this now, but I know we will be much happier if we have a car while you are here earlier!!
Well hope your Christmas is wonderful. Please say hello to Eiji, Lucy and his parents. I miss them all. Take Care, Love, MOM