Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Joy to the world!


This is Lucy playing the "mi" note on the hand bell. They played the song "Joy to the World." and were amazingly good. She already has a sense for music, and its definitely not from my DNA! For this hand bell song, she and her classmates learned the song by singing it as "Do si la so fa mi re do so la la si si do,etc" (which I had to just have her recite to me since I have NO clue!) And having learned this, she can sit down at the piano and play it! She started piano lessons just two months ago and has had just about 6 lessons in total, so I am so impressed. We are negotiating now to try and get the piano from her grandparent's house that never gets used for her to have here to practice. Her father seems to have the same ear for music, so he will have to do the coaching!

No comments: