Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bargaining Baggage



Got baggage? No, not the carry-on vs. checked baggage question. Got a history of gunk you carry with you from your past, present, or virtual life? Yep, we all do. A wonderful passage in a book I happened to open at a friend's house the other day has been my ray of hope these past couple months. When I can find a copy of the book to quote it properly, I will, but what it gently told me was that YOUR FUTURE IS WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO CARRY WITH YOU. If you choose to take regret, anger, bitterness, or cynicism with you, that is exactly what you will have in the future. But, if you instead choose to carry with you compassion, empathy, hope and joy, that's what you will have to accompany you on the journey. I've got my baggage packed with care, not in neat quart-size ziplock bags mind you, but nevertheless packed with care. Bon Voyage... tomorrow looks to be a great day for a trip.

将来の旅は自分で持って行く荷物を決められる。今から必要な者って何でしょう。それだけ持って行けばいい。よし。。。行って行きます。

No comments: