Thursday, July 24, 2008

A great escape!


We managed to escape the heat and paperwork this past weekend. We joined 2 of our friends' families for a weekend camp-out. We drove far enough into the country to feel like we were going camping, but the campground itself so beautiful, well equipped and crowded, that you almost forgot you weren't just out in your own backyard. Each campsite was on plush grass, with a sink and running water at each site, showers and toilets a few minutes walk away, and loads of playground equipment for the kids to play. Had a bit of tent and tool envy as we walked around and saw what elaborate gear everyone else had, but between our 3 families, we had everything we needed. Barbecue, bug spray and beer...it works! Can't wait to go again!

2 comments:

Cindy Kaney said...

What great fun! We haven't been camping since Daniel was a baby! ...Unless you count the backyard camp outs in the tent. Sounds like lots of fun, definitely a different experience than MT camping. Hope you're keeping cool!

mgmyway said...

Cindy! I have been trying to send a message to your blog but I don't think it worked. I just got your package this morning as I was leaving for work. I don't think any of the cool bandanas would match my school outfit today, so I will have to test them out later. I will give you a full report. Looks like you are having a great summer holiday. Can't wait to visit your house...maybe next summer!